Podlaska Regional Development Foundation (PRDF) (formerly Białystok Voivodship Development Foundation) was established in September 1994 by the following institutional founding bodies:
- Białystok Voivode
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Białystok
- Solidarity Trade Union, Białystok Region
- Podlasko-Mazurskie Trade Union Association
Podlaska Regional Development Foundation is involved in a number of activities with the aim to bridge the gaps in the present infrastructure of business support. These include the following initiatives:
- Creating of a network of business incubators.
- Supporting a network of institutions involved in business advisory services.
- Co-operating with local authorities and the regional representations of the central government with regard to the construction and execution of the regional development strategy.
- Free of charge training and counselling services responding to the needs posed by economic transformation of the region.
- Supporting marketing initiatives, organising active forms of promoting the economy and private business.
- Supporting the development of small and medium size enterprises.
- Co-operating with foreign entities with the aim of executing statutory objectives.
- Ensuring access to information about the European Union.